I’m not sure if there was ever a more adorable, more delicious relatively easy Easter basket-stuffer than these cheesecake-stuffed chocolate eggs. They are such a fun and surprising Easter treat, and you can whip them up in about 30 minutes.
All you need are hollow chocolate eggs (you can find online), cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Use a sharp paring knife to Carefully cut the bottom of the eggs (or top if you aren’t concerned about concealing the incision point). Chocolate is pretty malleable, so with a steady hand, you should be able to easily cut an opening.
Then, whip the heavy cream until it’s of a whipped cream consistency. Set it aside. Next, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until it’s creamy. Finally, carefully fold in the whipped cream. Transfer the No Bake-Cheesecake stuffing to a piping bag with a large tip, and carefully pipe it into the eggs. Pay close attention to when the chocolate eggs “feel” full, otherwise the pressure from the stuffing will cause the eggs to break. Lastly, refrigerate the eggs 3-4 hours. Enjoy this fun Easter treat!
- 12 hollow chocolate eggs (Can be purchased online)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Using a small knife, cut a small hole at the bottom of each hollow chocolate egg. (The hole should be large enough to fit the tip of the large piping tip).
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy and well-combined. (You may also use a hand whisk. Just make sure your cream cheese is room temperature so that it is easy to whisk.)
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and carefully pipe the filling into each egg.
- Refrigerate the eggs for 3-4 hours.