Happy FriYAY everyone! I’m loading up on greens since with this smoothie bowl since Father’s Day weekend will surely be indulgent with delicious food, drinks, and desserts!
If you have been following me, you know that I’m a smoothie addict. And there’s nothing I love more than a smoothie packed with leafy greens like spinach, collard greens or kale. I wanted to keep this green smoothie green, so I paired it with kiwi and pineapple, and topped it with some of my favorite go-to toppings: fresh berries, chia seeds, coconut and cacao nibs. I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a wonderful weekend!
- 1 medium ripe banana, previously frozen and chopped
- 3 large kale leaves, rinsed
- 1 small kiwi peeled and chopped
- 1½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- ¼ cup water or almond milk
- Fresh berries, chia seeds, coconut, cacao nibs and kiwi for garnish
- Blend the frozen banana, kiwi, pineapple and kale with the Greek yogurt and liquid until smooth. If the smoothie is not blending, add more liquid. However, smoothie bowls should be much thicker than regular smoothies. If your smoothie is too liquidy, blend in more frozen fruit or ice.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with fresh berries, kiwis, coconut, chia seeds and cacao nibs. Serve immediately.